community_header

Golden, Blazing Words: A Review of The Evolution of Birds

By Amy Barnes

Sara Hills’ debut flash collection The Evolution of Birds brings her unique brand of surreality to birds, humans and the…

Ask Jess – Is this flash or micro?

By Jessica Evans

Word count 762 | Reading Time 3 Minutes, 4 Seconds  At a lecture given by Kathy Fish and KB Carle…

May Flash Roundup

By Deirdre Danklin

Being A Girl in Someone Else’s Story In workshop, writing a girl protagonist was difficult. We just don’t like her,…

We Love in Small Moments: a Collection on Love Review

By Laura Besley

We Love in Small Moments: a Collection on Love is the debut chapbook by Melissa Boles published by Emerge Literary…

Protected: Getting Crafty with K-Ming Chang

By K-Ming Chang

There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.

Flash Perspectives with Veronica Montes

By Veronica Montes

Fractured: What excites you about writing flash fiction/ Are there any limitations to the form? Montes: For me, flash is…

the 2021 fractured lit ghost, fable, and fractured fairy tale prize shortlist

By Fractured Lit

We’re proud to announce the 23 titles of our shortlist! The submissions we received were so thrilling, inventive, and affecting…

the 2021 fractured lit ghost, fable, and fractured fairy tale prize longlist

By Fractured Lit

We’re proud to announce the 57 titles of our longlist! The submissions we received were so thrilling, inventive, and affecting…

April Flash Roundup

By Deirdre Danklin

The Children of Flash I don’t like novels told from the perspective of children – they make me uncomfortable. I…

March Flash Roundup

By Deirdre Danklin

Prisms In my MFA workshops, sometimes, when something felt clunky or not-quite-right, someone would say, “is this just a device?”…

Submit Your Stories

Always free. Always open. Professional rates.