community_header

April Flash Roundup

By Deirdre Danklin

The Children of Flash I don’t like novels told from the perspective of children – they make me uncomfortable. I…

March Flash Roundup

By Deirdre Danklin

Prisms In my MFA workshops, sometimes, when something felt clunky or not-quite-right, someone would say, “is this just a device?”…

Protected: Welcome Video From Kathy Fish

By Kathy Fish

There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.

100 Word Story Mini-Contest Winners

By Fractured Lit

Libertas Bayveen O’Connell War Destroys A Man From the Inside Out Edie Meade Look Sky, No Suburbs Meg Tuite I…

100 Word Story Mini-Contest Shortlist

By Fractured Lit

Libertas Button mashing After Grief Space Whales War Destroys A Man From the Inside Out Look Sky, No Suburbs Snow…

Recommended Reading: Ghost Stories

By K.B. Carle

This past weekend, I did a deep dive into flash ghost stories. I leaped into the realm of flash specters…

Recommended Reading: Fables

By K.B. Carle

The Tortoise and the Hare. The Ants nod the Grasshopper. Both are examples of famous fables with the inclusion of…

Recommended Reading: Fairy Tales

By K.B. Carle

The New Oxford Dictionary defines a fairy tale as a children’s story that includes magical beings and places. I was…

the 2020 fractured lit micro fiction prize shortlist

By Fractured Lit

We’re proud to announce the 25 titles of our shortlist! The submissions we received were resonant, inventive, and so engaging…

the 2020 fractured lit micro fiction prize longlist

By Fractured Lit

We’re proud to announce the 53 titles of our longlist! The submissions we received were resonant, inventive, and so engaging…

Submit Your Stories

Always free. Always open. Professional rates.